The UK Food Group facilitated connections between UK Food Group members and other national, European and international civil society networks working on food and agriculture issues including:
- The Indigenous Peoples and Civil Society Mechanism (CSM) for relations with the UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS).
- BOND, the UK network for organisations working in international development. The UK Food Group represented BOND on food and farming issues in both the UK and in CONCORD Europe.
- CONCORD, the European confederation of relief and development NGOs.
- Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming, a sister network, and observer member, of the UK Food Group, focusing on UK food system issues.
- UK food sovereignty movement, a UK based network of activists and organisations working to achieve food sovereignty, with which the UK Food Group worked to produce a A People’s Food Policy.
- More & Better, an international CSO network, which facilitated, with social movements and CSOs (including the UK Food Group), the production of an important document for the FAO World Summit on Food Security 2009: ‘Policies and Actions to Eradicate Hunger and Malnutrition‘.
- Eating Better alliance, a broad alliance working to help people move towards eating less meat and dairy foods and more food that’s better for us and the planet.
- Let’s Liberate Diversity, an EU Coordination network, focused on peasant seed issues, to encourage, develop and promote the dynamic management of agricultural biodiversity on farms and gardens, primarily in the EU and with links to networks in other regions.