- World Environment Day
Connecting People to Nature’, the theme for World Environment Day 2017, implores us to get outdoors and into nature, to appreciate its beauty and its importance, and to take forward the call to protect the Earth that we share.
- Farnham Local Food Sustainability Fayre
Community event organised by Farnham Local Food featuring organisations working in biodiversity, gardening, sustainable transport, local food or community projects.
- WEN Forum: Sustainable Sustenance: How can your diet change the world?
The Women’s Environmental Network FORUM is a quarterly symposium discussing topics of the moment.
The Forum will explore how our diets and the choices we make can impact the planet including:
- How does our diet impact climate change?
- How do we make our decisions?- organic, fairtrade, buy local, freedom? Meat free?
- Does gender impact this debate?
- Why does it matter where our food comes from?
- How can individuals and communities make a difference?
- What can we do about packaging and waste?
- Do we need to eat meat?
- Is the future vegan? What is the best diet for health and climate?
- Groundswell No-till show and conference
Groundswell is an independent farming conference, designed ‘by farmers for farmers’ to focus on emerging methods of soil regeneration, reducing inputs and increasing profitability in arable and mixed farming situations.
- Food, Justice and Food Justice for All
This first gathering of activists, organisers and researchers who are interested in looking at issues of food justice post the European Nyeleni Food Sovereignty Gathering of 2016 to ask questions pertaining to Food Justice in an era of significant change and upheaval. This workshop will explore how food activism can reflect feminist, antiracist, and anti-colonial/decolonial commitments.
At this workshop we will:
- Exchange experiences and identify common strategies
- Identify who and what is missing from different strands of work
- Take stock of what’s happening in Britain around “food justice for all”
- Identify and plan for possible ways to work together, including how to resource joint projects